The boyfriend and I bought a huge 4-pound batch of chicken breasts, and we’re trying to eat it all up before I go on vacation next week! Here is a great lil’ recipe I have used many times: easy to make with minimal ingredients!
-4 medium whole wheat tortillas
-1 cup chopped, cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts
-1/2 cup barbecue sauce
-3 oz low-fat/part-skim shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend or mozzarella)
-1/2 small uncooked onion cut into slivers
-1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional!)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 1 or 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Place tortillas on prepared pan(s).
3. In a small bowl, toss chicken with barbecue sauce; divide among tortillas and sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons onion. (Note: the pizza will appear more “barren” than a “regular” less healthy pizza version. If you are not weight or calorie conscious, you can add more of the toppings). Bake until cheese melts and bottoms of tortillas are lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle each pizza with 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Slice each pizza into 4 wedges and serve. Yields 1 pizza (4 wedges) per serving.
5. Serve with lime wedges for an extra splash of flavor!
Each pizza is 7 points. Pretty good for a delicious, satisfying dinner!